top of page

Commercial insurance policies can range from simple to complex, and there are so many options available to you, a business owner, to choose from. That's where Horse Creek Insurance comes in.  We work with over 200 of the top business insurance carriers and know the ins and outs of each of their commercial policies so we can find the insurance policy that fits your exact needs. So whether you're a small sole proprietorship or a huge corporation, you can relax knowing we've got your insurance needs covered.

Considering one-in-three voters — and 43% of small business owners — report having either been threatened with or involved in a civil lawsuit (Penn Shoen Berland), your business could be devastated without a policy to cover the unexpected.  So what should you know about the coverage you may need?  Click on the above link to learn more.

Commercial Business Insurance





Horse Creek Insurance is proud to offer a wide variety of commercial insurance policies, including:

  • Commercial General Liability – provides liability coverage for damage to other's property or bodily injury, defense costs as well as personal and advertising injury.

  • BOP (Business Owner’s Policy) – provides a package policy that contains both Property and Liability coverage for small business accounts.

  • Auto Insurance– can include coverage on vehicles as well as Hired Non-Owned

  • Marine Insurance – both Inland Marine and Ocean Marine coverage for commercial accounts

  • Umbrella Insurance – designed to provide protection against catastrophic losses. Typically written over Primary Liability policies, such as a BOP, Liability and/or Workers Compensation

  • Workers Compensation – coverage where the carrier is providing wage replacement and medical benefits to their employees, should the employee be injured on the job site

  • Management Liability – includes policies such as E&O, D&O, Fiduciary, EPLI and Crime

Commercial General Liability Insurance

All insurance plans offer coverage for:

  • Bodily injury

    Someone trips over your tools and breaks their leg

  • Property damage

    You drop heavy-duty equipment inside your client's house and damage their hardwood floor

  • Medical payments

    Someone gets injured at your work site and asks you to pay $1,000 in medical expenses instead of suing you

  • Advertising harm

    Someone sues you for improper use of images in your advertising

  • Libel, slander and defamation

    An employee bad-mouths a client on Facebook and the client sues you

  • Court and legal fees

    You need an attorney to defend against a lawsuit even if you did nothing wrong

Business Owner's Policy (BOP)

The business owner plan combines property and general liability coverage into one package for small businesses.

Property: Covers the property you own, lease or rent, from the sign on your storefront to your computer equipment and inventory. Whether a fire destroys your shop or your equipment breaks down due to a power surge, this insurance can help replace your property and cover payroll and lost income if your business is unable to operate.

General Liability: Covers costs related to litigation and court judgments if a customer or other third party files suit against you or your employees. If a client’s car is damaged in your parking lot or a visitor slips and falls in your stairway, this coverage can help protect your business’s finances and reputation.

Additionally, you can enhance your protection with other coverage options such as:

  • Commercial Auto

  • Inland Marine

  • Umbrella

  • Workers Compensation

  • Data Theft/ Cyber

Commercial Auto

Commercial vehicle insurance is a policy covering physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. Knowing the difference between a personal auto insurance policy and a commercial auto policy (and when you need which) is important business—for your business. This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles—from automobiles used for business, including company cars, to a wide variety of commercial trucks. Box trucks, food trucks, work vans and service utility trucks are just a few examples of larger commercial vehicles which also require coverage, including coverage for employees operating the vehicle and possibly the equipment inside.


In general, if a vehicle is used in tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business (other than commuting), a commercial policy is necessary.

You May Need A Commercial Policy If:

  • You are using your vehicle to transport goods or people for a fee 

  • You use your vehicle to conduct a service

  • You need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work

  • You are hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business 

  • Employees operate the vehicle or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership

Many business uses and vehicle types may be excluded from personal policies, so be sure you have the right coverage.

Coverage for Your Business in Falcon & Peyton, CO

Protect your Investment

HC Insurance Group provides insurance to businesses in Falcon, Peyton, Calhan, Colorado Springs, Woodland Park, Pueblo, and surrounding areas.

No matter what business you’re in, each workday is dedicated to doing your job well and providing your customers with the best service possible. HC Insurance Group would like to return the favor by giving you the coverage you need to ensure the security of your business. 

At HC Insurance Group, we’re committed to keeping your business protected – so you can focus on your day-to-day operations. And with the right insurance plan, your business will be covered from top to bottom. 

We offer the following options for your business assets: 

  • Commercial property insurance

  • Commercial general liability

  • Business owners policy (BOP)

  • Inland marine insurance

  • Commercial auto insurance

  • Commercial umbrella insurance

  • Professional liability

  • Workers compensation

  • Crime insurance

  • And much more!

bottom of page